Black Eyed Peas and Greens! With Cornbread
- 6-10 carrots
- 6-8 onions
- 14-18 cups black-eyedpeas
- 2 pkg rupunzel bouillon cube (one for each pot)
- 3-4 lbs smoked hamhocks
- 6 bunches of collard greens
- Hot Sauce
- Balsalmic vinegar
- Honey (for corn bread)
- Using slice function of food processor, slice carrots and onions.
- Sautee carrots until fragrant (smell sweet)
- Add onions, sautee until translucent
- Separate into two pots
- Divide beans into proportion of meat vs veggie eaters, at this point, add ham hocks to one of the pots
- Add water, bring to a boil
- Grind or smash the bouillon cubes, add to boiling water
- Cook until beans are done, 30-45 minutes, meanwhile, clean greens and chop
- After beans are done cooking, remove ham hocks and chop the meat up, return to pot.
- When beans are done, add greens proportionally to each pot.