N Street Goals
Eleven guiding goals of N Street.
- Maintain a common house and develop other facilities that meet the priorities and needs of the evolving community.
- Develop an attractive, safe, integrated, ecologically sound, and friendly village atmosphere that meets the needs of children and adults.
- Develop and maintain group processes, including celebrations, rituals, and decision and policy making that encourage participation, social interaction, emotional support and diversity.
- Welcome diversity in age, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities, ethnic/cultural background, economic status, and occupation.
- Pursue policies, attitudes, and practices to conserve and share resources and lessen the community's negative impact on the environment.
- Help make members feel at home in the community through established institutions.
- Maintain affordability within the community.
- Participate in activities and decision making that affect our neighborhood and local environment.
- Help other communities grow.
- Encourage cooperative child care and after school activities for community members.
- Encourage people to get more involved in the community, not just participate in structured activities (play and hang out).